Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Looking into gyms

My brother in law is holding, though struggling a bit. We are all hopeful. It is causing me lots of stress though. Not just for him and his welfare but also because it is making my surgery more real for me and I am realizing that I am not ready. I am not ready emotionally for the ordeal and I am certainly not ready physically. I am hoping that since I am still symptom free that I will have at least one more year to get ready.
To get myself more ready, I need to improve my cardio fitness. And so, as the title of this post suggests I am looking into gyms. I would like to find a gym either close to work or close to home that has a pool. The only exercise that I actually enjoy doing is swimming. It allows me to exercise without getting the chafing, the sweaty feeling, the general grossness that I get from the elliptical or the treadmill. So I have started to look into gyms. I think I have found one not too far from the house. I will go visit them this week to check it out.
As of this morning I am down 2.2 from last weigh in. Since I went to the dietitian today (one day early) I am posting this as my official weigh in.
Hopefully by this time next week I will have joined a gym and will have hit the pool a few times. For those of you following this blog, I spoke of buying myself a treadmill for my birthday this year, but I am thinking that the money might be better spent on a gym membership and some training sessions. I tend to do better when I have an appointment outside of the house. If I stop to exercise on my way home from work, I tend to actually do it. Once I get home, I tend to find a million reasons not to exercise.
I will do this, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment