Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Exercise..help please

Saturday morning and I have done my exercise for the day, 20 minutes on an elliptical trainer and 40 minutes of assorted weights and stretching. I have to admit that I have a ton of exercise stuff in my basement (including the elliptical trainer) that I have acquired over many, many years of trying to lose the weight.
My problem is that many weeks, Saturday morning is the only day that I get the exercise in. I work long hours, come home exhausted during the week and find it really hard to get my ass downstairs to exercise. By the time I get home I am hungry, sometimes really, really hungry, so I prepare and cook dinner, and by the time that's all done, it is well after 8 and who wants to exercise then? I am not, NOT a morning person, so trying to exercise in the early morning is just not something I am prepared to do.
I have gone for walks during my lunch break at work, but I am not sure how much that counts as real exercise so if anyone has any ideas on how to kick up the exercise I am all ears!
I will do this, I deserve it!

2 comments:

  1. hmm it's a hard one! with those walks on your lunch break I would try and take different routes that include stairs and different inclines to make it a bit harder.
    I know what you mean, sometimes I get home late and it's the last thing I want to do! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about kicking up the lunchtime workouts a bit? Can you walk in a hillier area? Can you walk fast and lead up to slow jogging or intervals of say walk 3 minutes jog 1?

    As for mornings, can you maybe try to do it once a week for a while and then take it from there? I love my sleep too, oh boy do I love my sleep, but sometimes, depending on schedule, it's the only way to fit a workout in and I know I will feel a million times better for having done it.

    My other suggestion is what do you love to do? Is there a class (that maybe you could hit on the way home from work) or dvd or something that you really enjoy? I think in very broad terms people will make the time to do something that they love.

    ReplyDelete