Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I took the stairs

I took the stairs today. Yes, I know, you are saying so what, she took the stairs. But for me, that's huge. I work on the second storey of a two storey building in the 'burbs and I always, and I mean always, take the elevator.
But, I am coming to realize that this is not about one huge thing that is going to make me lose 150lbs overnight. It will be as a result of a hundred little things (and a few larger ones) that will add up to the weight loss.
So, today I took the stairs. I parked in the back of the parking lot and took the stairs up to my office. I survived (betcha you weren't surprised, but me, maybe a little.) My heart rate was elevated but not crazy and I wasn't that out of breath. And I know that the more I do it, the easier it will get.
So tomorrow, I will take the stairs again.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's awesome! I never would have said "so what!" Until recently, I lived on the 3rd floor of an apt building and hated walking up the stairs! And I work out a lot but stairs kill me!

    I work on the 24th floor of a high rise (top floor) and there is no way I can walk up all those stairs. But I will try 5 floors sometimes.

    I'm a firm believer that every little bit helps. Great job!

    ReplyDelete