Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Carb Counting

Official weigh-in today. Still retaining some water so up 1.1lbs. I really believe eating has been ok, so it will be interesting to see what the scales says in a few days. Hopefully, I am not kidding myself.
Went for another walk last night, that's two in a row if you are keeping count. Also still taking the stairs at work, everyday.
Met with the dietitian this morning. She showed me how to count carbs and suggested I keep them between 8 and 10 per day. For anyone thinking of doing this, each 15grams of carbs counts as 1. But things like rice and lentils have a bit more. She says you need 140grams per day for brain function and she thinks when I get too low, it triggers my migraines, which triggers a mini carb binge. So we'll try to spread enough carbs throughout the day to keep the migraines away without the count going too high and affecting my weight.
Overslept this morning and feeling pretty crappy today. I didn't prepare any food for work so the dietitian gave me oatmeal to bring to work (pretty sad when your dietitian has to give you breakfast to go) but I will make good choices today and will eat all of my fruit that has been accumulating in the fridge at work.
I will do this, I will.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great you are seeing a dietitian. Good luck with the carb counting.

    ReplyDelete