Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Great food day and a migraine

Had a really good food day yesterday, I had a latte, 2 eggs, one toast for bfast, 4oz meat, one toast, salad for lunch, orange and 1oz almonds for snacks and lots of veggies with 6oz chicken for dinner. By my calculation, I think it totalled 1440 calories. Well below my target of 1800. The problem is by the time I got home from work I had an aura which preceded the actual migraine. I will send my daily record to the dietitian to see if I could have or should have done something differently.
However, I had committed to myself that I would workout last night, and headache and all, I DID! Yeah me. I got on the elliptical for 25 minutes and then did an assortment of crunches and leg lifts and free weights for a total workout of one hour.
We ended up eating dinner after 8 which is probably not the best but something has to give if I am going to get some workouts in.
I have to admit that I am in a much better mood this morning then when I got home last night. I was fine but a little hungry when I left work at 5:30. I figured that I would drive home (usually 1/2 hour or so) have a small snack and jump on the elliptical. Problem was, I hit traffic, maybe the worst I have ever seen on a beautiful clear day and by the time I got home over an hour later, I had an aura. I hit my driveway and burst into tears because, well frankly, this isn't fair. It isn't fair that I ate well all day and tried to do the right thing and I end up with a migraine. It isn't fair that most other people would have been full and happy and successful with what I ate and not had the headache. That is why for the most part I have been unsuccessful at losing weight in the past. I have blogged it before, but whenever I have a really good diet day I have a really bad headache day. They go together and it's just not fair. I have a really hard time functioning with the migraines and in my job and in my life I need to function. This is going to be the hardest part of my journey. The balance I need to find between portion control and feeling well. If anyone has suggestions for how to overcome this, please comment. I would love to hear from you.
My birthday is coming up in early summer and my parents have very generously offered to kick in some money towards something I really want. I am thinking of asking for them to help me purchase a treadmill. I already have the elliptical which I use but I am thinking that if I had the choice of two things I could mix it up a little. Also, if the weather outside is nasty (which it often is north of the 49th parallel), I can go for a walk in my basement instead of outside.
The scale has responded (finally) to the good eating and the water weight seems to be gone. A new low today on the scale but I'll wait until next weigh-in to post officially.
I will do this, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment