Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nurturing the soul

I have been really cranky lately. I know I am not much fun to be around when I am cranky and I think hubby deserves a medal for putting up with me.
There is a lot going on at work, my boss is not the easiest guy to work for and lots of "stuff" going on in the family. I have been looking at everything in a pretty negative way lately and feeling pretty unhappy. I am getting tired of being cranky. I am tired of feeling sorry for myself and having a bad attitude and thinking, no one is going through this, no one is going to understand.
But when I look around, really, really, look around, I realize that I have so much. So much to be thankful for. My hubby and I are solid. My job (not the boss, just the work) is pretty good. Even my boss, maybe I can figure out a way to not let him get to me. I am able to be in control of this life that I have and live it in any way that I choose.
So from today, I choose to be thankful. I choose to be happy. If I choose to live that way, in a happy, nurturing way, then my life will be that way. It will make the rest easier to deal with. And by being happy, I will be in a better place to deal with whatever gets thrown at me. So I will not only nurture my body with good food and some exercise, I will try to nurture my soul too. I will spend some time thinking about how to do that. I will take better care of the whole me. From today.
I will do this, I deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment