Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Muffins are not worth the calories!

Yesterday was a pretty rough day hormonally and mood wise (yes they go together). Actually headed out with hubby for a walk last night and had to head back a bit early because I had this wave of nausea take over. We ended up walking for 25 minutes instead of 45, but it was something. Tried to keep my portions down at dinner to help compensate for the chocolate chip muffin I bought at Tims in the afternoon. I only looked up the calories when I got back to work, and wow, who know it was over 420 calories for one muffin. And it's not even big! My favorite donut it turns out is only 300 (apple fritter, in case you are interested) and a plain chocolate dip is around 200. Way better choices than the muffin and they would have cured the craving just as well.
I am fighting a migraine today but am trying to stay on track. Toast with light cream cheese and jam with a latte this morning. Orange for snack. Beef sandwich for lunch. Yogurt for an afternoon snack.
I have lost 2 lbs overnight. Hopefully the rest of the water weight will go today. I will report my weigh-in tomorrow regardless of the water retention.
I am excited to see the dietitian tomorrow and learn how to count carbs. Hopefully that will help with the migraines and the weight loss.
I will do this, I will.

1 comment:

  1. I completly agree about the hormones and bad food days going hand in hand. I always want to eat more and have more craving on days when I know my hormones are out of wack. I just try to remind myself that its hormones and that it will pass.

    ReplyDelete