Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Stiff and sore but feeling pretty good.

So I did two workouts this weekend. TWO. WORKOUTS. ME! Sorry for the excitement but really, me? Anyways, Saturday I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and then 45 of weights. This was done at home. We have a really ancient treadmill in my house and I never use it. The track always used to slip and that would really scare me. I am horribly afraid of falling on a good day, and the fear of falling off the treadmill is too much. So I have avoided it at all costs. Well I know that, really, I need to do something other than elliptical at home and so on Saturday I decided to try it again. And guess what, it was fine. I was able to walk the full 20 minutes and it never slipped. Not even once. I went really slowly (2.8mph) just to be sure but it was ok. I know, I sound a bit like a broken record, but it really did surprise me.
Then on Sunday I decided to attend a class called Newbody. It is essentially a low impact aerobics class in which there is some very light resistance training. I hung out at the back of the class and tried my best to follow. It was pretty hard, but I did the whole class and was pretty proud of myself. The class was very welcoming and not too overwhelming so I will try to make it my Sunday routine. There were a few other people in there looking a little lost, so it was nice to have company.
Needless to say, after two days in a row I am stiff and sore and think that maybe it would be too much to go to aquafitness tonight. If I am not too tired, I might try to walk on the treadmill for a bit (just to do something). I am a little concerned that if I push too hard too soon, I will quit. So, I am trying to figure out the best way to pace myself. I am debating a schedule of Saturday - full workout at home, Sunday - Newbody, then Monday & Tuesday off, then Aquafit on Wed, Newbody on Thurs, and Friday off. I might try that this week and see how it goes.
I will do this, I will.

1 comment:

  1. You are right not to start out really intensely, but do not quit. I think as you go along you will increase your workout time. I like to do the workout dvds.
    Especially Leslie Sansone. I don't like being confined to the treadmill. She has you doing different moves as you walk and I think you are less prone to injury. It's just another suggestion to mix things up. She has all levels.

    ReplyDelete