Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Water and weight loss

I have been wondering of late if water really makes a difference in weight loss. I read a lot of blogs and people are adamant that the more you drink the more you lose. The reasons vary from flushing out toxins to liver cleanses to not being as hungry. I am not sure I am convinced. But, in the attempt at having an open mind and trying new things, I am now starting my day with a glass of lemon water. It is supposed to be a gentle liver cleanse and one that I am convinced will do no harm.
I was also told that the number of ounces I should drink in a day is equivalent to half my body weight. So by my count that would translate to 5.5litres a day or roughly 22 glasses. I think if I did that I would live in the bathroom.
I have purchased a 20 ounce Sigg bottle and keep it by my desk. To start, I am trying to drink three bottles per work day. I drink another glass in the morning and another with dinner and by the formula above I am still 100 ounces (or 13ish) glasses short.
Like everything else along this journey, it will come in time.
Please let me know what your experience is with water and weight loss.
I will do this, I will.

1 comment:

  1. Drinking water seems to make a difference to me. I have a really bad tendency to retain fluid, especially in hot weather. I find that if I drink around 8 cups of water daily it helps to flush out that excess fluid. On the other hand, I have also found that if I drink more than 12 cups of water daily, I tend to retain like normal. That seems crazy, but that's how it works with me, so I try to stay around 8-9.

    ReplyDelete