Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Please excuse my absence

Ok, I'm back.

It has been quite a week. My brother in law(hubby's brother) had a perforated bowel last friday and needed emergency surgery. He had a septis infection but the surgery went relatively well. Then on the weekend, he had a massive heart attack and has been in pretty rough shape in ICU. So we have been spending time in the hospital with him and his wife. He is starting to get better, but he has a really long road to recovery ahead and we are keeping him in our prayers.

In the interim, I got through TOM without a gain and the scale is starting to head back down again. I have discovered through this process that my body will only lose every second week but if I stick to plan I will lose overall. I am learning not to sabotage my efforts during hormone weeks so that non hormone weeks can really have a good weight loss. I am currently down a half pound from last weigh in and expect a good loss this week. I still haven't decided if I will post my weight every week or every two. I think posting my weight every week might get depressing but then I do weigh myself so why not share? I am debating and will decide.

I am still trying to make good choices, had salad and yogurt at the hospital. No muffins, no chocolate, no pizza. At my office they bring in pizza for the staff on the first Thursday of every month and yesterday, I brought chicken with half of a yam and some peas. I was pretty proud of myself sitting in the lunch room eating my lunch while everyone else was having pizza.

Exercise has gone out the window with the hospital runs this week, but I plan to get back on the elliptical this weekend.

My annual cardiology appointments start next week and I am pretty nervous. I am starting to have a little pain and am not sure if it is muscular or heart related and will ask the doctor when I see her. If it is heart related then surgery is closer and I will need to up the weight loss. Just not sure how. I am getting ahead of myself and will know the results of all of the tests at the end of the month. So I am just trying to stay on plan until then and keep doing what I am doing. I can't worry too much about what I can't control, but it is really hard not to.

I will do this, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment